An impressive calculator
In seeking a calculator a bit more advanced, to make calculations with parentheses, I came across this wonderful software called SpeedCrunch. Multi-platform, free and very pleasant to use, would it be the perfect calculator?
First I try other programs by searching "calculator" on the Web. In my random tests, I do not found anything really convincing.
SpeedCrunch allows to type the formula as we would write on a sheet of paper, then calculate, if needed to modify our expression, calculate something else... Very intuitive, nevertheless she can do a lot of things!
- The formulas and results are displayed in a history like on a roll of paper,
- we can store an unlimited number of variables,
- we can type everything with keyboard or mouse, it supports auto-completion,
- it has more than 50 built-in mathematical functions,
- it manages syntax highlighting and parentheses matching...
Created by Norwegian developer, SpeedCrunch exists for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Though it's not in Java, but light and fast C++.
And last but not least: SpeedCrunch is free and open-source.